Thank You, my Lord!


©Oriza Martins


I asked God for some water to ease my thirst,

He gave me rivers, the rain, lakes and also the sea…


I asked God for many songs to delight my ears

And through sound of nature I heard birds singing…


I asked God for many spectacles to my entertainment

And He showed me the sunset enchantments…


I asked God for a mansion to realize an old dream

And the Lord embraced me in his friendly arms…


I asked God to keep me company so I don’t have to be alone…

He gave me friends, and the affection of my family…


I asked God for some medicine to ease my pain

He filled my life of pleasure and love…


A asked God for the return of all beings who left us alone

He showed that souls remain among us…


I have nothing, in short, that ask You, my Lord,

Because You are realizing my deepest dreams…

You provided the Earth with all good I need

And that my soul needs… it is for all infinity!

No comments: